Table Of Contents
This node is useful for quick 3D projections of 2D textures onto objects with customizable placement.
Connect your texture or select a color here.
This section controls the type of 3D projection and the transform parameters of said projection.
This option sets the projection style from the following types:
- Planar - projects the texture on an object from a planar surface.
- Spherical - projects the texture from the inside of a sphere onto an object.
- Cylindrical - projects the texture from the inside of a cylider onto an object.
- Ball - projects the texture from the inside of a ball onto an object.
- Cubic - projects the texture from the inside of a cube onto an object.
If you need to planar project a texture on each axis please see the Tri Planar node instead.
Projection Type: Planar
Coord Space: World
Projection Type: Planar
Coord Space: Object
This sets the projection coordinate space type. The options are as follows:
- World - uses the world-space coordinates that are being shaded. This option will result in texture projection 'swimming' if the object moves or is instanced.
- Object - uses the object-space coordinates that are being shaded. This option undoes the world transform to lock the coordinates to the local object space, resulting in no texture projection swimming when the object moves or is instanced.
Reference - uses the object reference pose coordinates, if available. This option results in no texture projection swimming when the object moves, is instanced or is deformed.
|Coord Space: World||Object||Reference|
Currently the Reference coordinate space is unavailble in 3ds Max for the UV Projection node.
Create a Texture Reference Object in Maya to get Reference mode to work.
Add a Redshift Object tag to your object and select a Source Object or create a Snapshot under the Redshift Object > Geometry > Refrence section as seen below.
The UV Projection node reference feature needs not only the rest position but also the rest normals to work. The rest normals attribute must be enabled in the Rest SOP setting the Rest Normals option to “Add Normals”
Changes the U angle projection value for cylindrical and spherical projection types.
|U Angle: 45||180 (default)||360|
Changes the V angle projection value for cylindrical and spherical projection types.
|V Angle: 45||90 (default)||180|
This section adjusts the 3D transform values of the projection in world or object space.
Sets the 3D scale of the projection.
|Scale X, Y, Z: 1, 1, 1||3, 1, 1||1, 3, 1||1, 1, 3|
Sets the 3D rotation of the projection.
|Rotate X, Y, Z: 0, 0, 0||45, 0 , 0||0, 45, 0||0, 0, 45|
Sets the 3D translation of the projection.
|Scale X, Y, Z: 0, 0, 0||0.5, 0, 0||0, 0.5, 0||0, 0, 0.5|
This section adjusts the transform values of the 2D texture.
Sets the 2D scale of the texture.
|Scale U, V: 1, 1||3, 1||1, 3|
Sets the 2D translation of the texture.
|Offset U, V: 0, 0||0.1, 0||0, 0.1|
Sets the 2D rotation of the texture.